Monday, April 25, 2011

FROM MY DRAWING BOARD


THE LADY CYNTHIA DARRINGTON QUILTS

Awhile ago, I was designing a series of quilts based on the stories of Lady Cynthia Darrington.
A lovely lady who lived in Edwardian England.
Here she is walking in a garden with her bunnies. The stories tell what an extraordinary life she had had.

When I started this project I thought it would be nice to see her later in life, remembering her past and then on to her future in a series of quilts.

I have an antique collection of buttons, a very large collection. Thinking one day what to do with all of the buttons, I remembered the stories. And so from my drawing board came this quilt and the series.

I hope you will join me on the quilted adventures of her life and loves.

For now it is time for me to go back to the drawing board and create.

Best Wishes,
CURTIS



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be very pleased to hear from you!